Our delicious Beef Wellington with Must-Chup Recipe. Perfect for a special night in!
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 Beef Fillet
- 40g Must Chup ‘Original’
- 0.5kg Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 Sprigs of thyme
- 1 roll of ready-made Puff pastry
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 500g Parma ham
- Olive Oil
- Pour olive oil into frying pan until hot
- Season fillet of beef with salt and pepper and then place in pan and seal all sides.
- Remove from pan and immediately brush with Must Chup whilst still hot. Then place on a plate and let it sit and relax.
- Then make the duxcelle by putting the chestnut mushrooms in a blender, add the garlic, salt and pepper and blitz until smooth
- Pour the duxcelle mixture into a dry frying pan so that it removes the water.
- Add some thyme and mix
- Roll out a layer of cling film on a chopping board and lay the Parma ham in the centre next to each other
- Then evenly lay the duxcelle on top of the Parma ham (Not to the ends of the Parma ham)
- Place the fillet of beef on top of the duxcelle and roll over the cling film around the beef.
- Roll it nice and tight into a cylindrical shape and squeeze and twist the ends. The tighter the better.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Once set take out of the fridge and remove the cling film.
- Roll out some more cling film onto a chopping board and place a layer of puff pastry onto the cling film already rolled out.
- Place the unwrapped cylinder of beef in the centre of the puff pastry and using the cling film roll the pastry round the beef until the end s meet.
- Trim off any pastry and twist the ends of the pastry until the beef is completely sealed.
- Roll the cling film round the pastry cylinder and squeeze until it is nice and tight. The more you twist the better the shape.
- Place back in the fridge for 5 minutes and then takeout of fridge and remove the cling film
- Brush pastry with egg yolk
- Then score pastry with the back end of a knife for appearance
- Sprinkle salt on top of pastry for crispiness
- Place in a pre-heated oven for 200 degrees centigrade for 35 minutes
- The remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes so meat can rest and re absorb all the juices.
- Then slice and serve
- Beef will be pink inside
Sorry our Must Chup Original is so popular we’ve sold out, more stock is expected at the end of September Dismiss