Cottage Pie with Must Chup
Hearty, wholesome and delicious!
Preparation time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 750g Mince Beef
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4 carrots
- 1 tin of petit pois
- 1 beef stock cube
- 4 medium size Maris piper potatoes
- 150ml double cream
- Quarter jar of Must Chup
- Finely chop the onion and slice mushrooms and sauté off in a sauce pan.
- Add the mince beef and cook.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a quarter of a jar of Must Chup to the mince and stir
- Put stock cube in a jug and pour boiling water over it until it dissolves
- Add stock to mince beef and simmer
- Peel and finely chop carrots and add to mince beef with peas
- Simmer in pan for one hour and a half until meat is tender and stock has reduced by one quarter
- Empty contents of pan into an oven proof bowl or dish
- Peel potatoes and chop into pieces and place into a pan of boiling water.
- Cook until soft and then drain
- Mash potato and add butter, seasoning and cream. Beat until there are no lumps
- Spoon mash potato onto cottage pie mix in dish so that it is completely covered
- Place dish into oven on gas mark 8 or 200 degrees centigrade for 15 minutes in the top of the oven until brown.
- Serve onto hot plates. Enjoy.