Cream of Pumpkin Soup with Must Chup “Big Kick”
This is a lovely winter soup and uses up the Pumpkin from Halloween.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 150ml Double cream
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 dollop of Must Chup ‘Big Kick’
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then add the finely diced onions and cook without colour.
- Remove the skin from the pumpkin keeping the pumpkin seeds to one side. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook until lightly golden for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pumpkin and simmer for 10 minutes until the pumpkin is very soft.
- Add the double cream to the pan and bring back to the boil.
- Pour into a blender and blend until silky and smooth.
- Place back into the pan and add a dollop of Must Chup ‘Big Kick’ for a nice level of chilli heat
- Croutons - Chopped the sliced bread into cubes and fry in 2 tablespoons of hot olive oil until golden and crisp. Also add the pumpkin seeds until toasted.
- Pour the soup in a hot soup bowl and garnish with croutons and toasted pumpkin seeds
- Bon appetit!