Slow cooked Beef Casserole with Must Chup ‘Original’
Perfect as a winter warmer this recipe is great in the slow cooker.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 800g lean Stewing or Braising steak
- 2 red onion
- 2 clove of garlic
- 125ml red wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1 punnet of button Mushrooms
- 3 table spoons of Must Chup ‘Original’
- 5 medium carrots
- Olive oil
- Squeeze of tomato paste
- 3 large leeks
- 100g plain flour
- Splash of Worcester sauce
- 3 Beef OXO Cubes
- 5 large potatoes
- Parsley to garnish
- Peel and finely chop onions
- Peel and crush garlic
- Drizzle some olive oil in a frying pan and heat until hot
- Add the onions and sweat without colour
- Slice mushrooms and add to frying pan
- Add the crushed garlic to the pan and cook without colour
- Season the stewing steak with salt and pepper and add to the pan
- Seal meat and add Worcester sauce, Must Chup ‘Original’ tomato paste and red wine to the frying pan.
- Sprinkle 100g of plain flour over the meat and mix together
- Pour 2 pints of boiling water into a jug with three beef stock cubes and dissolve
- Add the stock to the meat and mix well
- Peel and slice carrots and add to the frying pan
- Pour the contents of the frying pan into a large casserole dish and place a lid on it.
- 14. Put casserole dish in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees centigrade and slow cook for two and a half hours
- 15. Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Add to the casserole and cook for a further 30 minutes until soft and they have absorbed some of the juices of the casserole.
- 16. Garnish with some freshly chopped parsley and serve.
- Bon appetite!